Saturday, October 8, 2016

Perfect Prayer to Start Any Day / Oración perfecta para qualiquier día

I keep sharing with others this prayer from our Book of Common Prayer that our priest shared with me years ago when I was in the hospital. It meant so much to me then, & I have found it useful even when enjoying good health. I pray it on rising most days! I love the part about doing nothing GALLANTLY!
Book of Common Prayer: Prayers for use by a Sick Person page 461: In the Morning:
This is another day, O Lord. I know not what it will bring forth, but make me ready, Lord, for whatever it may be. If I am to stand up, help me to stand bravely. If I am to sit still, help me to sit quietly. If I am to lie low, help me to do it patiently. And if I am to do nothing, let me do it gallantly.
Make these words more than words, and give me the Spirit of Jesus. Amen.
Doy esta oración de nuestro Libro de Oración Común con gente enferma o no enferma. Hace muchos años hasta que nuestro sacerdote la me dio cuando estuve en la hospital. La oración me dio paz y mucho mas. Y todavía continuo a orar incluyedo ahora en que tengo buena saludLa oro casi cada día. ¡Me gusta mucho la frase sin hacer nada, que lo acepte con gallardía! 
El Libro de Oración Común. Oraciones para el uso de un enfermo página 383. En la Mañana:
Este es otro día, Oh Señor. Aún no seen lo que traerá, pero haz que esté dispuesto para aceptar lo que sea. Si debo estar de pie, ayúdame a hacerlo con valor. Si debo estar sentado, ayúdame a estarlo en calma. Si debo estar acostado, ayúdame a hacerlo con paciencia. Y si debo estar sin hacer nada, que lo acepte con gallardía. Haz que estas palabras sean más que palabras, y dame el Espíritu de Jesús. Amén

No comments:

Post a Comment